ALL AGENTS and BROKERS who use Instanet templates should update their templates whenever the Association or MLS releases updated or new forms!
Forms are being added and changed in January 2018! RSAR will change their forms on January 8, 2018. Click here for a comprehensive list of the changes from the 2018 Reno/Sparks Association of REALTORS® Forms Update Guide. A NOTE TO SNAR MEMBERS: Your forms are the same as RSAR’s; in other words when RSAR adds or updates forms SNAR’s forms receive those same additions and updates. This is done through a special agreement between the two Associations. Keep this article handy because NNRMLS will update several of its input forms in the near future.
Why you need to update your templates:
If you have a template with an old form in it, and you apply that template to a new transaction, the old form will not appear in the new transaction’s form list. It is effectively “locked” away inside the template, never to be released again. You must delete it from the template and add the new form.
It’s easy to do…let’s see how:
These are instructions on how to update a template in Instanet. The actual forms shown in this article are not necessarily the forms you will have to add to your templates for the 2018 form updates.
1. Click on the SETUP gear icon on the left side of your screen, then click on TRANSACTION TEMPLATES:
2. Click the three stacked dots that correspond to the template you need to edit and click Edit:
3. You’ll easily locate the out-of-date form by looking for the message: This form has been disabled.
4. Click the three stacked dots that correspond to the disabled form and click Delete:
5. When you see the message “Are you sure you wish to delete this item?” click Yes. Repeat this process for the the next form.
6. Now add the New form, or forms, by clicking the Plus Mark that corresponds to the Forms section of your template:
7. Click the folder that matches the type of transaction your template is made for:
Make sure you’re adding the correct form for the type of transaction; Selling=Buyer, Listing=Seller, Owner and Tenant=Property Management
8. Click the round check boxes that correspond to the Forms you want to add and the and click the Add button:
9. OPTIONAL: If desired, click and drag with your mouse, the new forms into your preferred order. (This is only if you want the forms to be in a different order than they already appear)
That’s it! Your template is now saved, (there’s no “save” button when updating templates), and can be used effectively again!
PLEASE NOTE: You don’t need to make new templates; just update your existing templates! The RSAR 2018 Forms Guide has all of the information you need to find out about the Association forms. REMEMBER: SNAR members use the same forms as RSAR. Please contact RSAR at 775-823-8838 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on these form changes.
To find out more about the upcoming NNRMLS form changes, contact us at email@example.com or call us at (775) 823-8838 and ask for a Tech.