What is Adobe Reader? Adobe Reader is free software that can be installed on your computer which allows you view and print PDF files. (PDF stands for Portable Document Format which allows easier sharing of documents.)
Why should I care? Adobe Reader is used to view and print reports from Paragon. Using the latest version of Adobe Reader can reduce the number of problems encountered when printing reports.
Which version do I have? You can determine the version of Adobe Reader by opening a PDF document. Once open, click on “Help” near the top left corner of the screen and choose About Adobe Reader…which will tell you the version. The most current version as of 2/05/2014 is 11.0.6.
I have an older version, what now? If you have an older version you should install the newest version. Adobe has an update utility which will periodically check and update Adobe Reader. If this is not enabled on your computer it is better to uninstall the old version and download/install the latest version. We have experienced many Paragon printing issues with updated versions that were resolved by removing and reinstalling the latest version. Of course, if you are not having any printing issues, it is okay to leave things as they are.
Uninstall the Old Adobe Reader
- Open your Control Panel in Windows.
- Double-click Add/Remove Programs.
- Select Adobe Reader and click Remove/Uninstall.
- Follow the prompts from the uninstall utility.
Install Adobe Reader
- Go to www.adobe.com
- Hover over Download and choose Adobe Reader. (Top of the web page.)
- Verify your system settings in the left pane of the screen under “Your System:”
- Uncheck the Optional Offer block in the middle of the screen!
- Click the Install Now button on the bottom right.
- Follow the prompts from the install utility.