Question: I made a mistake while inputting my listing, what should I do?
Amie’s Answer: Some mistakes need the assistance of NNRMLS staff to correct. If this is the case, we are happy to make the correction. We will always require a Status Change form with the Agent and/or Broker signature. We may need more information; here are the most common listing input mistakes and how they are fixed:
- Listing Price Mistake: When an agent accidently inputs the wrong listing price, they must first go back in to the listing and correct the price. This will show the status either Price Raised or Price Reduced. Then, a status change form must be faxed or emailed to NNRMLS explaining the correct status of the listing (New, Active, etc.) due to listing price mistake. On the Status Change form please note the correct listing price so that our office can correct the “Original Price” on the listing. Please make sure that the Listing Agent or Broker signature is on the Status Change form.
- Expiration Date Mistake: If the correct expiration date is in the future, first correct the expiration date and then send our office a Status Change form to change the listing to the correct status. If the correct expiration date is in the past, the system will not allow you to change it and you must send over a Status Change form with documentation showing the correct expiration date with Seller’s signature (i.e. Residential Input Form or Exclusive Right to Sell). Please make sure that the Listing Agent or Broker signature is on the Status Change form.
- Listing Date Mistake: In order to correct the listing date on a property we need to have a Status Change form explaining what the correct listing date is along with documentation signed by the Sellers (i.e. Residential Input Form or Exclusive Right to Sell) showing the correct listing date. Please make sure that the Listing Agent or Broker signature is on the Status Change form.
- If our office only needs to correct the status of the listing, we only require the Status Change form with Agent or Broker signature.
Note: NNRMLS Staff is not permitted to make changes to a listing that the agent or broker has access to make; staff can only make corrections in the case of a mistake as noted above. However, if you need assistance in making any change to your listing, please feel free to call or stop by our office and we will be happy to walk you through how to make the change.
Whenever a change is made to a listing, a Status Change form should be completed for your files. Below are some common changes and the signatures that are required for the Status Change Form, please keep the form in your listing folder for auditing purposes.
- Price Change, Expiration Change, or changes to remarks that Seller “will or may do something”: Requires both Seller’s signature and Listing Agent (or Broker) signature
- Withdraw/Temporarily Off Market, Commission Changes: Seller’s, Listing Agent, and Broker signature
- Back on Market, Active/Pending Call, Active/Pending Loan, Active/Pending House, Active/Pending Short Sale, Pending No Show, Rented, Sold: Listing Agent or Broker Signature
Feel free to contact our office with any questions. Our phone number is 775-823-8838 or you can email email@example.com.