Did you know there are even more ways to search your MLS system thanks to the NNRMLS 2018 form update launched early this month? It’s like you just got some new REALTOR® superpowers! This article highlights three NEW search abilities that agents now have. Also, we’ve included a longer list of enhanced searches near the bottom of this article.
Included in your new ‘superpowers’ are:
- The ability to search for listings that are within City Limits
- Search separately for Condo or Townhome
- Search for Pet Fee – available in Rental searches
- The ability to search for one average monthly Common Interest Community, (formerly HOA) fee. Learn more about this cool search here. (This topic is not covered in this article).
Let’s see how some of these searches work in Paragon MLS! First, we’ll explore searching for listings within a city limit:
- To search for listings within a city limit, simply add the Within City Limits field to any search by customizing, for more on how to customize your Paragon searches read this short tutorial: Customize Paragon, Find More. Once you’ve added the field to your search type in yes or no. In the example below, we’ve added the Within City Limits and City fields and entered Reno as the city typed yes in the city limits field. This will return search results for listings that are within city limits.
This search is made possible because of the new “Within City Limits” required checkbox on the NNRMLS’s Input forms. Pictured below:
Pro-Tips for Listing Agents:
Looking for an answer to Within City Limits? Try using the new NNRMLS Wiki to look up this field and to help answer other listing input questions you might have! Here’s a link directly to the Within City Limits section of the Wiki.
Secondly, let’s see how the search for Condos and Townhomes works:
- With this search, you can now differentiate between Condos and Townhomes in a residential search! First, open a residential search and enter Condo/Townhouse in the Type of Property field, then add the Status you’d like to search for. Next, use the Customize button to add Dwelling Type into your search criteria. For more on how to customize your Paragon searches read this short tutorial: Customize Paragon, Find More. Once you’ve added the field to your search you can type in condo or townhouse to search for only that type of listing. This feature one of the most requested search abilities by our Members and we’re excited to enable it!
- In the example below, we’ve added Dwelling Type search to our criteria:
- In the next example, we’ve clicked the Lookup icon, (it looks like a magnifying glass and appears to the right of the search field), to see the two choices that are available:
- This search is made possible because of the new Dwelling Type field on the NNRMLS Residential Input form, pictured below:
Let’s see how the search for a range of Pet Fees works:
- We can now explore how to search for a range of Pet Fees in a rental search! First, open a rental search and enter your preferred Status, Type of Property and Price. Next, use the Customize button to add Pet Fee to your search criteria. For more on how to customize your Paragon searches read this short tutorial: Customize Paragon, Find More. Once you’ve added the field to your search, you can type in a Min and a Max that your renters are willing to pay and you will only see results that match your specialized search criteria.
- In the example below we’ve added both the Pet Fee and Pet Deposit fields to our search:
- This search is made possible because of the newly-added Pet Fee and Pet Deposit fields on the NNRMLS Rental Input form, pictured below:
More Resources, Communications, and Training
- Insight: Why did Condos and Townhomes get separated?
- Lending for condos is different than lending for townhomes. Very few condo complexes will qualify for FHA financing, but townhomes will.
- Also, another big difference is that with a townhome you own the land under the unit. With condos, you own the unit and a portion of the common area.
- In addition, this was one of the most-asked-for searchable features from our Members.
- Previous articles to gain more insight into this form update:
- NNRMLS 2018 Forms – Customize Paragon, Find More
- NNRMLS 2018 Forms – Monthly CIC Fees Made Easy
- Newly Updated NNRMLS Listing Input Forms Released
- When New Forms Launch on Thursday: NNRMLS Advises Members To Update Instanet Templates
- NNRMLS Announces 2018 Form Launch Date
- NNRMLS Highlights New Green Fields in Upcoming Form Update
- NNRMLS Gives Sneak Peek of Soon-to-Be-Released Input Forms
- Things to check on / Important instructions: If you use Instanet templates with NNRMLS listing input forms you will need to update them so they will work correctly: How to update your templates in Instanet
- Make sure to add email@example.com to your trusted email senders’ list to be sure you don’t miss important instructions/announcements from NNRMLS
- Subscribe to The MLS Post (the NNRMLS Blog) where we post tutorials on a variety of subjects
- Broker/Office Training Opportunities: Invite Andrew Cristancho, Director of Member Services and Training, to your office for personalized training for your agents. Visit Andrew’s schedule page to book a 30 or 60-minute training. Specify you would like Andrew to come to your office in the “Topic You’re Interested in Learning” section.
- NEW RESOURCE! Click to view the new NNRMLS Terms Wiki Page Here you will find definitions for the fields used in our system along with an FAQ and other resources.