Did you know that with the release of the 2018 NNRMLS Listing Input forms you can now easily and accurately search for one average monthly fee? Our team worked with Paragon MLS to implement this enhancement to make searching for this information easier!
In addition; our input forms and the Paragon MLS system will no longer refer to these fees as HOAs, (Homeowners’ Association), and will instead be called Common Interest Communities or abbreviated as CIC. This will more closely follow the Nevada Revised Statutes that are recognized by professionals statewide.
Here’s how the CIC search in Paragon MLS works:
Open a search in Paragon MLS and enter the range of monthly CIC fees that your client is willing to pay into the fee fields (shown below), then click search. Pro-Tip: If you leave the Minimum field blank, you’ll get results that range from $0 to the limit you entered. In the example below, we’ve entered nothing in the Minimum field and $100 in the Maximum field. HINT: Decimals are not required unless you’re looking for split dollar amounts.
When you try this search you will not likely have the Average Monthly CIC Fee column in your spreadsheet, but it’s easy to add it by customizing your spreadsheet to include it!
- While viewing your spreadsheet click Customize, then click Fields:
- Now search for Average Monthly CIC Fees in the search window and click the checkbox that corresponds to that field. Next, click the Add button in the middle of the window. It will then be added to the Selected Fields side of the window. If needed, move the field by clicking and dragging it, (in the example below I’ve repositioned it to appear next to Asking Price); finally, click Save:
Now that you’ve customized your spreadsheet to include the Average Monthly CIC Fee column, it will remain there for all searches you do later; in other words, “set it and forget it!” If you want to remove the column, simply employ the process described above in reverse.
Tip for Listing Agents: You can now enter up to three separate CICs in your listing, without having to do any math for the search described above to work! Whether you enter the CIC fees as monthly, quarterly or annually, the Paragon MLS system will auto-calculate an average monthly fee – easily searched for by other agents! Listing agents can enter this data into the listing input forms in Instanet, or into the listing input contained in Paragon.
Here’s an image of the CIC fields as they appear in the NNRMLS listing input form:
And here’s an image of the CIC fields as they appear in the Paragon MLS system:
This is just one of the many exciting enhancements we’ve added to your MLS system to help you serve your clients more efficiently!
Next Steps: Resources, Communications and Training
- Insight: Shifting the name from Homeowners’ Associations, (abbreviated as HOA), to Common Interest Communities, (abbreviated as CIC), is a change that will more closely follow how they are referenced in the Nevada Revised Statutes, which are recognized by professionals statewide.
- Paragon Report Changes: The NNRMLS team has expanded Paragon’s MLS All Fields Listing Report to a three-page report to accommodate the extra CIC information. This enhancement to Paragon MLS was implemented during this launch. For those that prefer a two-page MLS All Fields report; the MLS All Fields 25 is still two pages. In addition the NNRMLS team is working on developing a “legacy” MLS All Fields that will be two pages and does not include the CIC information.
- Previous articles to gain more insight into this form update:
- Things to check on / Important instructions: If you use Instanet templates with NNRMLS listing input forms you will need to update them so they will work correctly: How to update your templates in Instanet
- Make sure to add email@example.com to your trusted email senders’ list to be sure you don’t miss important instructions/announcements from NNRMLS
- Subscribe to The MLS Post (the NNRMLS Blog) where we post tutorials on a variety of subjects
- Broker/Office Training Opportunities: Invite Andrew Cristancho, Director of Member Services and Training, to your office for personalized training for your agents. Visit Andrew’s schedule page to book a 30 or 60-minute training. Specify you would like Andrew to come to your office in the “Topic You’re Interested in Learning” section.
- NEW RESOURCE! Click to view the new NNRMLS Terms Wiki Page Here you will find definitions for the fields used in our system along with an FAQ and other resources.